A traditional patchwork scrap quilt made with honeycomb lozenge blocks uses contrast between lighter and darker fabrics to achieve visual impact. Designer Keryn Emmerson’s quilt pattern shows you how to turn your fabric scraps into a masterpiece.
- Patchwork honeycomb lozenges are pieced using flippy triangles to streamline construction and increase accuracy
- All fabric is rotary cut – no templates required
- Choose colours and fabrics to suit the quilt’s recipient, for their home or in their favourite colours or style
- Large patches make this pattern suitable for today’s bright modern fabrics printed with large motifs, or choose a theme and use up those special fabrics you’ve been collecting, such as Kaffe Fassett prints, dog motifs or children’s novelty prints - this would make a wonderful ‘I Spy’ quilt
- It’s easy to vary the size of the quilt, just use more or fewer blocks or rows, with no borders to adjust
- Suitable for a block swap or for a sewing bee when a group wants to make a quilt in a day
- Excellent choice for a beginner who’s looking for a large project