Take your quilt making to the edge with this bold, modern Giant Chevron quilt pattern from Jess Frost, using a small selection of fabric colours in different prints and taking the classic chevron design to a big scale.
- Choose your favourite five colours in a variety of different fabric prints and tones to create dimension to the chevron design
- Use black fabrics or another neutral colour for the background to make the coloured chevron pop
- A great project for using a layer cake or other precut fabric bundle with 10in fabric squares
- A quick quilt pattern to make, but with lots of bold impact
- Step-by-step instructions and clear diagrams take you through constructing the half-square triangle units, through to joining the blocks and completing the quilt
- Jess machine quilted her version — it’s a great quilt for practising some simple and modern machine quilting designs on your domestic sewing machine
- A great project for beginner quilters looking for a basic but interesting quilt pattern, and to learn about using colour and placement to create bold, modern quilt designs